What are the advantages of stationing your startup in New York City opposed to Silicon Valley / SF?
- The world’s fastest growing tech startup ecosystem
- A much more tightly knit startup community, compared to the larger but more diffuse West Coast community
- Access to many, many more world market centers (advertising, finance, fashion, media, food, etc.)
- A city that from the Mayor on down is devoted to helping the tech startup community expand exponentially
- The world’s largest Tech Meetup (not to mention Meetup.com itself)
- Significantly easier access to European and South American startup centers
- Many more world-class universities
- Believe it or not, more organized angel groups (although not individual angels)
and most importantly…
The uniquely available joy and delight of living in the most amazing, energetic, global epicenter in the world. A 24-hour melting pot of culture, theater, music, night life, sports, business, leisure activities and more, all within walking distance (or just a couple of stops away on the subway.) What’s not to love??
*original post can be found on Quora @ http://www.quora.com/David-S-Rose/answers *
This article is intended for informational purposes only, and doesn't constitute tax, accounting, or legal advice. Everyone's situation is different! For advice in light of your unique circumstances, consult a tax advisor, accountant, or lawyer.