About this Program
The Nebraska Angels are a network of 60 active members investing in early-stage high growth companies, providing necessary capital to fuel growth.
Our Investment Focus
The Nebraska Angels are a network of angel investors who meet once a month to work together to review business plans, listen to pitches, conduct due diligence and negotiate terms for potential investments. Founded in 2006, the Nebraska Angels membership continues to expand and welcomes new members throughout the year.
On average, Nebraska Angels invest in ten deals annually, deploying around $5,000,000 in capital. Since the Nebraska Angels are a network rather than a fund, the decision to invest is made on an individual basis; however, the terms of the investment are the same for all angel investors.
The Nebraska Angels determine if applicants are the right fit for Angel capital based on the following criteria:
- Large or rapidly growing market opportunity that could provide investors with a 10x+ return on investment within a 3-5 year period.
- The company has a unique solution to the market problem that will give it a significant advantage against competitors and alternative solutions.
- The team is highly experienced, driven and coachable. For companies focused on software, there must be at least one team member with development skills/experience.
- The company has at least a small customer base, the revenue model is developed and the team understands what the market can bear. Angel investors rarely consider investing in concept stage companies.
- The start up requires $100,000 to $1,000,000 in outside capital to fuel the current growth, and that will allow the company to achieve at least 12-24 months of sustained operations.
- Business Products
- Business Services
- Clean Technology
- Computers and Peripherals
- Consumer Products
- Digital Marketing
- Electronics / Instrumentation
- Financial Services
- Healthcare Services
- Internet / Web Services
- IT Services
- Marketing / Advertising
- Media and Entertainment
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Networking and Equipment
- Retailing / Distribution
- United States