Frequently Asked Questions

Will I owe taxes in the State of Delaware?

Corporations incorporated in Delaware but not conducting business in Delaware are not subject to corporate income tax, but they do have to pay a Franchise Tax administered by the Delaware Department of State. You will have to file an Annual Franchise Tax Report and pay Franchise Tax by March 1st of each year. 

As your registered agent, Gust Delaware will receive an annual Franchise Tax Notification from the state, which we will pass on to you. The filing fee for the Annual Report is $50, and the minimum Franchise Tax is $400.00 for corporations using the Assumed Par Value Capital Method. The penalty for not filing a completed Annual Report on or before March 1st is $200.00, with interest at 1.5% per month is applied to any unpaid tax balance.

Last updated on November 28, 2022