What is company formation?
Company formation are the remaining critical steps to perform once you're a registered C-Corporation with Delaware.
After incorporation, your company is an empty shell corporation: it exists, but it has no owners, no structure, and holds no assets. Gust Launch walks you through these steps while your ownership structure is a blank slate, culminating in a document called the First Action by the Board that:
- establishes governance through the adoption of your Bylaws (the company rules)
- creates and elects your Board of Directors
- elects your company Officers
- allocates ownership amongst the founders
- utilizes the benefits of a C-corp like personal liability protection and favorable tax treatment
- adopts best practices like managing your company ownership
Last updated on March 19, 2018