How long does it take to become a registered foreign corporation?
The steps to completing the application for foreign registration through Gust with estimated time frames.
- You purchase a Foreign Qualification application, fill it out and submit it. 10 minutes
- Gust processes your form for accuracy, and conduct a name check. (We may be in touch with you for a DBA name.) We return your completed application to you for signature. 1 to 3 business days, depending on name availability
- You return the signed form to us Same day
- Gust obtains the required forms from Delaware, and submit your application for foreign qualification to the appropriate state 1 business day
- The state processes the form About 7 business days, with some exceptions*
- Gust is notified of your approval, and we email you with the filed documentation You are qualified as a foreign corporation!
*Note that processing times vary per state. While the average time frame is 7-to-10 business days, some states process in less than a week, and other states take up to 25 business days.
Last updated on August 21, 2017