Frequently Asked Questions

Can I re-use my Employer Identification Number - EIN?

If you have formed an earlier entity, say you are going from a California Corporation to a Delaware Corporation you might possibly be able to keep your EIN but if it transitions from being a LLC to a C-corp you will not be able to. A EIN can also not be transferred when there has been a change of business structure or ownership. If the business merely changes its name or moves to a new location, it may retain the EIN but you must notify the taxing authorities of the name change.

More information can be found on the IRS’s website.

Last updated on August 18, 2021