How do I apply for foreign qualification in a particular state?
To purchase a foreign qualification:
- From your Gust Launch dashboard, click on the name of your company in the top navigation bar and select "Foreign Qualifications."
- Click "Apply for Foreign Qualification."
- Select the state in which you want to qualify as a foreign corporation. Each state's requirements for filing result in a different price per state. When you are ready, click to purchase. Your credit card on file will be charged.
- After purchase, you will be directed to answer some questions about how you would like your company name to be registered, as well as contact information.
- Once you submit this information, please wait for an email from our partner, Harvard Business Services (HBS), that will contain your application for signature. (If they discovered a problem with the information you submitted, they may contact you for more refined information.)
- Download the application, and sign and return to HBS in the manner they specify.
- HBS will submit your application in the state where you are seeking foreign qualification.
- Processing times vary per state. The fastest states will respond within 7 to 10 business days.
- Once you are approved, you will receive an email with your new state registration number.
You can also check the status of an existing foreign qualification or purchase another from the Foreign Qualifications page under your Company's name, as in step 1.
If you purchased Gust Launch before 6/1/2017, you’ll need to apply for a foreign qualification through Gust Equity Management. Log into your Gust Equity Management account using the “Log in via Gust” option. Click “Company” in the top navigation bar and select “Settings.” Click “Filings” in the left navigation menu. Then, follow steps 2 through 8 as above.
Last updated on November 30, 2017