About this Program
ACRE is New York’s leading incubator for cleantech startups. Housed at the world-leading Urban Future Lab, a hub for smart grid and smart city innovation.
Our Investment Focus
Heads up: We are now accepting application for the 2020 Urban Future Prize Competition. Apply by January 13, 2020 (by 11:59 pm U.S. EST) and see here for more information: urbanfuturecompetition.com
ACRE looks for commercial-ready cleantech startups seeking to accelerate their growth in New York City. At ACRE, we advise and provide office space for entrepreneurs innovating on climate, energy, and the urban environment. Past incubated startups include Agrilyst, United Wind, Keen Home, and Smarter Grid Solutions. ACRE companies have been backed by major investors such as Energy Impact Partners, ENGIE New Ventures, Total Energy Ventures, Statoil Energy Ventures, and TEPCO.
ACRE Candidate Qualifications:
- Commercial-ready startup (post-ideation with MVP)
- Demonstrable positive impact on the environment (technology or innovation in renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste, water, food and agriculture, transportation/mobility, and carbon emissions reduction)
The ACRE Advantage:
- Mentorship: Consult with an expert team and network of advisory on matters pertaining to strategy, operations, and fundraising.
- Business Development: Connect with industry leaders, regulators, and policymakers to pursue exciting business opportunities.
- Investor Network: Get introduced to VCs, corporate VCs, private equity/family funds, and the Urban Future Investor Network (a mission-aligned group of cleantech angel investors).
- Talent: Find your next hire by leveraging our networks and accessing a wide variety of paid student internship programs.
- Design Support: Take your product UX/UI and branding to the next level by working with our in-house designer.
- Legal Services: Receive council on a host of startup matters during monthly office hours provided by Orrick.
- Co-Working Space: Establish an office at a dynamic and collaborative workspace designed especially for cleantech founders. Have 24/7 access to desks, phone booths, kitchen space, event space, and conference rooms (with stunning views of the city).
- Awesome Perks: Take advantage of over $100K in AWS credits, media & press opportunities, pro-bono financial consulting, happy hours, monthly breakfast & lunches, community events and outings, passes to events and conferences, and more.
- Community: Develop bonds with a group of passionate and mission-driven founders. Join an effort to make New York City a place where people can live better and more sustainably.
All incubator services are provided at a starting rate of $450/month. ACRE does not take any equity.
Our full list of incubator companies shown here: ufl.nyc/members
How does the pricing structure work?
Membership begins at $450/month for the first person (desk and all services included). Each additional desk is $450/month, or each additional person is $100/month.
Does ACRE provide capital?
No, ACRE does not provide capital nor take any equity.
How long does the application process take?
Approximately 8 weeks. A company will be notified within a few days once an application is received.
- Business Products
- Business Services
- Chemicals and Chemical Products
- Clean Technology
- Electronics / Instrumentation
- Food and Beverage
- Networking and Equipment
- Real Estate
- New York, NY, US