About this Program
Capital Solutions for Emerging Companies
Our Investment Focus
Northern Michigan Angels (“NMA”) is a volunteer network including successful entrepreneurs and other business leaders in the Northern Michigan area, who provide accredited investment capital, strategic advice and mentoring to early-stage companies to help them achieve market leadership.
NMA will target deal flow in industries unique to Northern Michigan, including agriculture, technology, light manufacturing, logistics and healthcare.
The mission of the Northern Michigan Angels network is two-fold: to help grow the economic base of the region through the rapid growth of early-stage companies and to provide members an outstanding financial return on their time commitment and invested capital. Promising companies that meet the following criteria are more likely to be of interest to NMA.
• Is headquartered within a two hour drive of Northern Michigan
• Is seeking investment of $100,000 to $1 million from NMA
• Is seeking to close its first round of investment with a professional investment group
• Has a market opportunity sufficiently large enough to provide for significant growth of the business
• Has a compelling, well articulated strategy for capturing a significant market share
• Has strong management with relevant experience, a successful track record, a desire for advice and coaching and a willingness to listen
• Has an exit strategy Companies that meet the criteria listed above should spend the time to apply for funding through NMA.
Entrepreneurs applying for funding are asked NOT to share information deemed confidential or proprietary with NMA in applications or written correspondence.
- Clean Technology
- Consumer Products
- Food and Beverage
- Healthcare Services
- Internet / Web Services
- IT Services
- Media and Entertainment
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Michigan, US