About this Program
GAN connects angel investors in Barrie, Georgian Bay, Orangeville and Muskoka with entrepreneurs needing equity capital to commercialize their innovations.
Our Investment Focus
Preference is for seed-stage opportunities having the following charactersitics - top drawer management TEAM, innovative technology, product or service, scalable, proprietary, etc. which operate in the GAN catchment area, Ontario or on an exception-basis, out-of-province.
If you are an entrepreneur/innovator looking for capital, and the experience and expertise that GAN members can bring, please feel free to submit your business plan or contact us directly. However, before doing so, you should review our investment criteria to help you determine if a potential fit exists.
The investment criteria are:
- Management team – industry & entrepreneurial experience, CEO leadership; track record of performance; coachable
- Use of Proceeds – funds are used to meet determinable milestones that increase enterprise value
- “Disruptive” technologies (quantum leap vs. incremental improvement), value-added proposition
- Long term (sustainable) competitive advantage, fundamental understanding of competitive landscape
- Size/growth rate of addressable market, well defined go-to-market strategy, multi-product/multi-market opportunity
- Relatively low capital investment
- Beta-stage or more advanced company: existing customers, revenues (or path to revenues) and cash break-even (or path to cash break-even)
- Milestones to next financing requirement
- “Exit potential” – “5x in 3 years” or “10x in 5 years”
Besides having a regional focus, GAN investors will predominantly have an interest in investing in the following sectors:
- Light/advanced manufacturing
- Sustainable development technologies
- Medical technologies, products or services
- Information and Communications Technologies
If your business doesn’t fit within one of these 4 sectors, but does meet the “Checklist” requirements in the preceding tab and the evaluation criteria recited above, we will consider other high-quality investment proposals and evaluate their fit with GAN members’ preferences.
- Clean Technology
- Consumer Products
- Food and Beverage
- Healthcare Services
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Ontario, Canada