About this Program
GAIN is the ONLY Georgetown University angel investment group that amplifies the Georgetown startup ecosystem by leveraging the power of the alumni community.
Our Investment Focus
GAIN provides access to capital and to investors/mentors/advisors from the larger Georgetown Community. In addition, by participating in GAIN you play a part in bolstering Georgetown's Entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The GAIN leadership team reviews each company that applies for funding and curates the top three to five companies to pitch, three times a year. Pitches are conducted in-person and online via Zoom to interested members. While GAIN filters deal flow to facilitate pitch days, Members have access to all companies within the platform and can pursue any investment opportunity independently.
- Teams: Impressive teams in attractive markets: Since we invest early, the team is paramount
- Traction: You should have at least 6 months of customer data. Most of the companies we fund have between $50K-500K in revenue
- Stage: We are seed investors. Usually we invest in companies valued between $3-8M raising between $500K-$2M
- Our pitches in-person and virtual via Zoom. We feel that offering virtual participation enables Georgetown start-ups and angel investors from around the world to join.
- Deals that already have a lead investor or initial capital commitments in place are preferred
To be eligible to apply, the company MUST have a founder, senior executive, board member or major investor who is:
- A Georgetown alumnus/a (or one of the foregoing must have a must have a parent who is a Georgetown alumnus/a)
- Current student, faculty or staff member of Georgetown University