Phyllom BioProducts Corporation
Our unique, patented products are in launch/ramp phase in $15B+ markts, are proven alternatives to bee-killing chems and safe for people, pets, fish & birds.
- Stage Full Product Ready
- Industry Biotechnology
- Location Oakland, CA, US
- Currency USD
- Founded 2004
- Employees 5
- Incorporation Type C-corp
- Website phyllombioproducts.com
Phyllom BioProducts: Landscape Care-AG biotech company which has commercialized high-performing, safe insect Control BioProducts that control borers, beetles & weevils: devastating pests of ag crops, landscapes & N. American hardwood forests. Sales of our patented products are now ramping in 15 Billion+ markts. These unique products are proven alternatives to bee killing chemicals. Customers: Lawn Care Pros, Farmers, Organic Gardeners, Foresters.
25 yrs biz manager & scientist in the biotech field: wide range biotech businesses, incl: human stem cells, cancer, HIV & aging (Affymax, Geron, UCSF, PPD Discovery), biological detection systems (Siometrix, Black Ivory Biotech). 16+yrs of creating technologies/developing commercial products in BioPesticides (Phyllom, Sandoz Agro, Maxygen/Verdia Inc (Dupont)), incl corporate/legal contracts, manufacturing, field testing, reg, protein enginring.
Biotech Executive: 25 yrs experience in discovery research & clinical development
- Executive & Management: startup & publicly traded biotech; head of research, intellectual property, business development.
- Technical: cell immortalization, telomere biology, genomics, stem cell biology, human biotherapeutics.
- Development: cell line development, bacterial & cell fermentation, IND enablement & filings, early stage clinical trials.
25+ yrs research experience in biotech industry&academia, incl Sandoz Agro & Monsanto. Career highlights include: Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) strain development and Cry protein engineering resulting in a strain with enhanced activity against Spodoptera species.
- Production & Supply Chain: Fermentation & Formulation.
- Microbial genetics & physiology: Genetic engineering of commercially valuable microbes incl Bt.
Kurt leads Phyllom’s Sales & Marketing:
- Has licensed and/or launched many of the industry’s leading BioBased disease & insect controls. These BioProducts continue to dominate their segments in the hands of the acquiring multinationals.
- Instrumental in raising significant investment capital since 1998 for start-ups.
- Has managed global business units with >$100 Million in sales and negotiated dozens of collaborations with multinationals.
John SalmonsonFmr Owner Monterey Ag; Advisor to Brandt Consolidated, Inc.Unconfirmed
Roger Salquistfmr CEO, CalgeneUnconfirmedGeorge MurphyTaraval Associates - General PartnerUnconfirmedTom DallasDallas Brothers Farms - OwnerUnconfirmed
Barry Keller - Sacramento Angel GroupUnconfirmed