About this Program
National Incubation Center Lahore has launched the Women Entrepreneurship Programme in collaboration with Karandaaz Pakistan, with funding from the by UK Department for International Development (UKAid).
The overall objective of the program is to support women-owned/managed businesses by providing them access to customized business development support, ranging from networking, leadership acceptance, mentorship, information access and investment. The Women Entrepreneurship Programme developed by NIC Lahore is designed to strengthen female-led businesses, develop their skills to enhance probability, increase their visibility and provide them access to strategic business partners as well as finance. Businesses that successfully complete the programme will be eligible to make pitches to a panel of judges selected from industry. The winners will be provided equity in the shape of patient risk capital by Karandaaz so that they can grow their business.
· To discover, encourage and incubate women led businesses and provide them with world class entrepreneurship development curriculum and facilities
· To connect female entrepreneurs who are already in business with channels of finance, information and networking
· Provide patient risk capital to promising women-led businesses to enable their growth and realise their potential
Programme Facilities & Support
Lahore National Incubation Center will provide selected entrepreneurs with the following:
· A custom designed environment, which provides female entrepreneurs with world-class facilities,
· A network of knowledge mentors, experts in disciplines that foster a nascent business and access to industry partners and investors;
· Entrepreneurially proficient managers, who will provide constant counselling and provide day-to-day operational support and guidance;
· Help the entrepreneurs finalize their business plan before soliciting investors for early-stage finance.
· Organize Investor's Summit to provide start-ups with a platform to pitch their ideas to Karandaaz as well as prominent members from the industry, angel investors, venture funds
· Access to the LUMS dedicated technical prototyping labs, as well as other technology parks (for tech-enabled businesses), and resident venture capital funds.
Who can apply?
The programme is open to any woman-led business operating in Pakistan. The business should either be actively managed by a woman or the majority ownership should be held by a woman (or women). The businesses may be operating in any sector, but should demonstrate reasonable traction in the form of customers, revenue, market potential and a business plan that indicates accelerated growth. Strong preference will be given to businesses that have an established business model and are looking to grow their business.
Programme Deadline: Applications will remain open till October 30, 2017. The incubation programme is expected to start in December 2017 and will end in March 2018.
Agriculture, Business Products, Business Services, Clean Technology, Consumer Products