About this Program
Women entrepreneurs in Pakistan face additional barriers to starting and growing their businesses. These include lack of asset ownership, lower levels of access to finance, inaccessibility to business networks, as well as socio-cultural challenges. As part of its mandate to promote women’s economic participation as well as generate employment for women and youth in Pakistan, Karandaaz Pakistan has launched its Women Entrepreneurship Challenge program.
Karandaaz Women Entrepreneurship Challenge 2018 is now accepting applications from women-led businesses that have been in operation for 3 years and are looking to scale up their business. Selected businesses will:
1. Receive customized business development support and mentorship from relevant industry experts
2. Be eligible for investment of up to Rs. 20 million. Investment decisions will be made by a panel of judges appointed by Karandaaz.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
If you fulfill ALL the following conditions, you are eligible to apply:
• You are a woman who owns and runs her own business. The business can be in any sector and operational anywhere in Pakistan.
• Your business has been running for at least three years and is generating sales
• You are a Pakistani citizen
• You have a National Tax Number (NTN)
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS?
Women-led businesses that fulfill the eligibility criteria can submit applications along with supporting documents through this online portal. Applications will close on 10th July 2018. Karandaaz will subsequently shortlist businesses and invite them for an interview to better understand the business and its potential for growth and job creation. The interviews will lead to the final selection of businesses. These businesses will undergo an assessment to identify the type of business development and mentorship support they require. Karandaaz will provide the support over a period of 8-10 weeks. Finally, businesses will pitch to a panel of judges to raise investment of up to Rs. 20 million in the form of debt or equity. Only businesses chosen by the judges will be eligible for investments. The terms and conditions of investment will be negotiated with the business directly by Karandaaz.
There is no fee for participation and all support under the program will be funded by Karandaaz Pakistan, through the support of UK's Department for International Development (DFID). Applicants may be required to bear their own travelling and miscellaneous costs.
WHAT IS THE COMMITMENT REQUIRED FROM THE WOMEN-LED BUSINESSES?
If selected, applicants must commit to:
1. Undergoing an assessment, and the subsequent mentorship program
2. Participating in investment pitches
3. Being open to negotiating an investment deal with Karandaaz
4. Participating in presentations, events, documentation and monitoring and evaluation activities as required by Karandaaz.
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM TIMELINE?
Applications open on 19 June 2018 and close on 10 July 2018. Selected businesses will be informed within 3-4 weeks after applications close.
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR COMPLAINT?
In case you have a question, please first visit the FAQs page on our website [insert]. In case you still have a query or a complaint, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 3-5 working days for a response.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
DISCLAIMER: Submission of applications does not guarantee selection for the program. Karandaaz Pakistan retains the right to reject or accept applications without providing any reason. Decisions made by Karandaaz or its appointees will be considered final and will not be contestable.
- Funds up to ₨20M per team