About this Program
Are you a scientist, researcher, professor, post-doc, or science entrepreneur? Do you have an exciting technology that you’d like to commercialize but need some help with the “other stuff” like customer discovery, business model generation, securing funding, company formation? We can help! The Virtual Incubator Program helps bridge the gap between research and marketplace and is open to entrepreneurs and startup companies regardless of geographic location.
Support and Services
• Assistance with identifying and applying for grants (e.g. SBIR, STTR)
• Introduction to early stage funding sources including angel and venture capital
• Mentoring and business coaching from experienced entrepreneurs
• Connections w/legal partners for company formation and intellectual property
• Assistance with identifying local, regional, and national support programs
Promote your Venture, Connect with the Community
• VIP venture spotlight in Delaware Innovation Space communications
• Monthly webinars with content and open dialogue with peers
• Quarterly onsite events to meet industry, funding, strategic or service partners
VIP is delivered by the Delaware Innovation Space, an innovation ecosystem designed specifically for science entrepreneurs. Our community is centered around two state-of-the-art lab buildings located at the historic Experimental Station in Wilmington, Delaware. We bring together scientists, business leaders, community members, investors, and service providers in the advanced materials, healthcare, nutrition, chemical ingredients, renewable energy, and industrial biotechnology fields.
Join us now - you'll get great support and a voice in designing program offerings in exchange for helping us learn how to best serve science and Deep Tech entrepreneurs: This is our Minimum Viable Product and--with your active engagement--will only get better over time. No need to have a physical presence on our site (even though our facilities are awesome!) - you can get great value from anywhere in the US.
- Funds up to $0 per team
- Takes up to 0.0% equity
- Accepts 100 companies
Agriculture, Biotechnology, Chemicals and Chemical Products, Clean Technology, Electronics / Instrumentation