About this Program
Institutionally independent accelerator dedicated to cancer therapeutic development and modeled off the success of TMCx:
* No equity to participate
* Development of a comprehensive product development plan using industry best-practices
* Flexible model to support multiple stages of company development
* Identification of and plan to address critical gaps and key experiments to enable funding
* Proximity to world-class researchers and experts in the Texas Medical Center
* Access to entrepreneur and mentor support
* Access to CPRIT Drug Development Core Network
* Dedicated computational chemistry resources
* Grant writing support to seek non-dilutive funding
* Program culminates in a venture capital pitch day
About TMC ACT
The ACT program is a CPRIT funded accelerator launched, in collaboration with the Gulf Coast Consortium (GCC) and the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), to support Texas-based biotech entrepreneurs, researchers contemplating translational development, and internal comprehensive drug development programs. TMC ACT aims to support Texas based cancer therapeutic company growth, increasing the overall success rate while decreasing the development time.
ACT participants will gain insight into every facet of developing a cancer therapeutics company. During the 9-month program, participants will gain a deep understanding of market research, FDA regulations, intellectual property, licensing, finance, fundraising, legal, and other critical areas that will propel your business for long term success. Program participants will develop an integrated strategic development plan based on industry best practices that guides their company’s business and drug development efforts. ACT culminates with at least one grant submission, and an option to pitch to investors, corporate partners, media, and other influential guests.
September 30, 2020: Application Deadline
November 16, 2020: Companies Notified of Program Selection
January 19 - 27, 2021: Program Commences at Bootcamp
March 2021 - September 2021 (Monthly): TMC ACT program
*A team member is required to participate in strategic sessions 3 days per month.
Founders and/or one project representative is required to participate for all organized meetings, programming, and other planned sessions (averaging 3 days per month after a week and a half bootcamp).
For more information about the program and questions about your cancer therapeutics projects, please sign up for ACT Office Hours here: https://www.tmc.edu/innovation/innovation-programs/tmc-act/act-inquiries/.
Biotechnology, Chemicals and Chemical Products, Consulting, Healthcare Services, Nanotechnology