About this Program
The first inaugural OKGN Angel Summit is upon us. The summit uses the Seattle Angel Conference model, an 11-week program aimed at creating new active angel investors through an experiential process and helping early-stage companies along the way. Participating companies could receive up to $200k in angel-backed investments by applying for the OKGN Angel Summit.
Up to six selected finalists will pitch in front of Angel Investors and an audience at the OKGN Angel Summit live finale on Thursday, April 11th, 2019. The investors will vote during the finale and invest up to $200k in the winning company.
Entrepreneurs who are seeking growth capital and meet the criteria below can apply for the OKGN Angel Summit by completing this application form and paying the $99 (admin cost and a ticket to the finale). Application opens December 1st. Deadline to apply is January 18th, 2019.
- Early stage companies seeking investment of $100k - $1M
- Eligible companies should be within a half-day drive of Kelowna
- Must be able to attend and participate in pitch sessions and the finale on Thursday, April 11th, 2019
- Ability and willingness to accept and use an investment of up to $200k
- Prototype (MVP) working towards product/market fit
- Passionate and capable founding team
- Identified early adopters in a large addressable market
- A plan to scale with potential for a 10x return in 5 years
- Deck and information must be completed on Gust. OKGN Angel Summit uses Gust to securely and privately collect your company information, business plan, and due diligence information.
- Friday, January 18 - Application Deadline
- Monday, February 4 - Companies selected for Quarter Finals
- Monday, February 11 - Quarterfinalists 3-minute pitches
- Tuesday, February 12 - Quarterfinalists 3-minute pitches
- Tuesday, February 19 - Companies selected for Semi-Finals
- Monday, February 25 - Semifinalists 10-minutes pitches
- Tuesday, February 26 - Semifinalists 10-minutes pitches
- Monday, March 4 - Companies selected for Finale
- Monday, March 11 - Due diligence kickoff with investors
- Wednesday, April 10 - Mixer with investors and finalists
- Thursday, April 11 - Finale
- Accepts 40 companies
Aerospace, Agriculture, Biotechnology, Business Products, Chemicals and Chemical Products