Internet of Things Accelerator
Nov 1 - Feb 28 | Barnsley, UKhttps://www.iottribe.org
About this Program
The Internet of Things Accelerator is a highly-selective, equity-free programme for South Yorkshire’s most outstanding startups and scaleups with a product or service built around the Internet of Things (IoT).
We’re looking for startups and scaleups with market-ready IoT technologies that enable cleaner and more energy efficient buildings, cities and supply chains; optimise industrial operations; or bolster the connectivity and resiliency of IoT networks.
Through a series of intensive capacity building workshops, mentoring sessions, networking events and the Tech Studios © to scope potential pilots with corporates, the programme aims to help South Yorkshire startups and scaleups improve their market readiness, increase their product-market fit, and enhance their market visibility.
This is our 5th programme in the South Yorkshire region, run in partnership with the Barnsley Council, and fully funded by The Technology Ecosystem Acceleration and Market-Making South Yorkshire (TEAMSY) project through the European Regional Development Funds (ERDF), Capital Enterprise and Barnsley Council.
Phase 1: Capacity Building (Nov 2022 - Dec 2022)
Focused on helping companies build and communicate their value proposition, refine their go to market strategies and reinforce their individual capacity.
- Launch Event held at Barnsley DMC on 2 Nov
- Weekly Capacity Building Workshops
- 1:1 Mentoring Sessions
- CTO Power Hours
- Networking Events & Roundtables
Phase 2: Market Engagement (Dec 2022 - Feb 2023)
Validate your value proposition and explore potential pilot and partnership opportunities with some of the UK and world’s leading corporates looking to adopt cutting edge IoT technologies to solve their key business challenges or gain a competitive edge.
- Tech Studios © sessions with corporates to explore potential piloting/partnership opportunities
- Support to develop and refine pilot concept notes
- CTO Power Hours
- Networking Events
Phase 3: Landing Opportunities (Mar 2023 – May 2023)
Light touch follow-on support to ensure that business impact can be maximised, and promising pilots to be delivered.
We’re looking for high-growth startups and scaleups that meet the following criteria:
- Be from the South Yorkshire region, or be willing to register a presence in the market*
- Ideally be set up by at least 2 founders
- Have at least a minimum viable product or service built around IoT technologies
- Have ideally received pre-seed funding and/or have some revenue stream(s)
- Possess the ambition to scale up
- Be able to commit for the full duration of the programme, and be willing to attend the in-person sessions held in Barnsley and/or London
*As the programme is targeted at supporting the growth of the South Yorkshire technology ecosystem, priority would be given to South Yorkshire- registered companies. However, we may admit a certain number of outstanding companies from other regions/countries. Companies that do not currently have a presence in South Yorkshire will need to register a presence in South Yorkshire to be eligible and this will need to be confirmed before the programme commences. Terms & conditions apply.
- Funds up to £0 per team
- Takes up to 0.0% equity
- Accepts 15 companies
Aerospace, Chemicals and Chemical Products, Clean Technology, Construction, Industrial/Energy + 10 more