About this Program
RIHub and Brown University have partnered with The CoWrks Foundry to launch the Innovations in Urban Living Accelerator (IULA).
IULA is a 24-week startup accelerator designed to help entrepreneurs improve the urban infrastructure and systems in India and in other emerging economies by leveraging a combination of technology, policy and local ingenuity.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ACCELERATOR
We invest in solutions that aim to advance and improve the quality of life of urban residents by bringing a more human scale and lens to current urban development opportunities.
Participants from the US will have opportunities to experience the program online and in-person at RIHub in Providence, Rhode Island. US participants are expected to spend 2 months in residence in Bangalore at the CoWrks Foundry workspace.
Areas of focus could include - IoT, environmental sustainability, data-augmented decision-making, mobility and transportation, human-machine partnering, AI, smart infrastructure, smart cities, real estate tech, urban planning, robotics, construction tech and more.
The IULA accelerator will empower entrepreneurs with
1) Smart seed capital up to $40k,
2) Industry Network Access from Brown University, and RIHub, & the Indian ecosystem,
3) A rigorous 24-week curriculum
4) Connections that accelerate enterprise sales cycles,
5) Technology credits up to $150k
6) Access to premium workspaces within RIHub and at CoWrks
7) Post-program support
- Funds up to $40k per team
Business Services, Clean Technology, Construction, Healthcare Services, Industrial/Energy