About this Program
GovStart is a sixth-month growth-programme, run by PUBLIC, to help tech startups transform the public sector. We take startups of a variety of sizes and industry focuses, and provide them with the tailored support, strategy and networks they need to succeed in the public sector market.
What We Provide:
- Strategy - Identifying key public sector problems that need solving and determining product fit.
- Product - Supporting product development and market-fit, including ensuring compliance to public sector cyber security and data protection standards.
- Channels - Creating and developing key public sector networks and contacts.
- Preparation - Ensuring startups are “public sector ready”, with a business case that speaks to government buyers.
- Execution - Providing support in bid writing and procurement structures.
- Startup Support - Aiding with common startup challenges: product development; user growth; hiring; PR support; and fundraising.
Why Choose GovStart?
Placed within the PUBLIC network, startups taking part in GovStart benefit from a series of unique advantages, including:
- Unparalleled networks with key government decision-makers.
- In-house product development expertise, headed by Andy Richardson (Former VP Technology Thompson Reuters).
- A core team with experience from across government, technology and investment, including Daniel Korski (Former Deputy Head of Policy to No. 10), Alexander de Carvalho (10+ years of investment and private equity experience) and Max Chambers (Former Special Advisor to Prime Minister).
- Support from PUBLIC’s mentor pool, which includes Bill Crothers CB (Former UK Chief Procurement Officer, Former Ex-Head of Crown Commercial Service), James Stewart (Former Deputy CTO, UK Government), Correy Voo (Former CTO, UBS), and Steve Heidukewitsch (Former Oracle Sales Executive)
Business Products, Construction, Consumer Products, Consumer Services, Digital Marketing + 15 more