About this Program
UNDP and Koç Holding have joined forces to accelerate digital transformation of CSOs to increase their impact and outreach. In line with this objective, the primary goal of the Civil Society Technology Challenge is to mobilize tools, expertise and networks to accelerate the use of digital technologies during this transformation. After the completion of this program, participant CSOs will have first hand experience to design, implement and adapt their work to the digital realm through a specific solution. They will be able to transfer this know how into other areas within their organisation and respective work.
All CSOs that are seeking to embark on a digital transformation journey are encouraged to apply. For the first phase of the Civil Society Technology Challenge, twenty CSOs will be selected and will:
- Engage in an intensive learning program on digital transformation, technology for impact and crowdfunding;
- Explore 1-1 mentorship opportunities with key experts to develop a project that uses digital technologies to innovate, scale and increase impact on development issues;
- Connect with global and local experts in technology, innovation and sustainable development to formulize key steps and actions for the digital transformation roadmap of the organization;
- Become part of the BOOST regional network for exchange and collaboration with international organizations and innovators.
After the completion of this phase (by the end of December 2020), out of the 20 organisations, five CSOs will be selected for one-on-one acceleration support for an additional 24-weeks. Each will receive up to USD 10,000 to prototype, implement and scale-up their project idea. The BOOST acceleration program will support the development and implementation of these solutions proposed by civil society organizations in Turkey and across Europe and Central Asia region and beyond. The proposed solutions and projects need to be at a concept stage during the first submission.
- Funds up to $10k per team