About this Program
Data is the infrastructure of our new economies. It is helping outstanding organisations around the world solve common problems from making our cities smarter, to curing illnesses, to fighting famine.
Are you a great organisation in ASEAN solving problems with data? If yes, our programme is for you.
The ASEAN Data Startup Accelerator brings together startups and social enterprises for a period of six months to receive training, expert advice and connections to the ODI and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation’s (MDEC) regional and international network. The programme takes place at ASEAN Data Analytics eXchange( ADAX) in Kuala Lumpur, the hub for data analytics talent, startups and accelerators.
What startups get:
-Six-month accelerator with help from the ODI and MDEC
- Fully-funded bootcamps in Kuala Lumpur
- Selection bootcamp on w/c 25 September (25 startups will be invited to a week-long experience to pitch for one of 12 places)
- Commercial bootcamp in November (One week of advice on pitching, business models and intro to angel investors)
- Data bootcamp in January (One week of data science training to bring your offering to the next level)
- Showcase events with investors at a graduation event in March 2018
- Connections to the ODI’s global network and associated events
- Chance to apply for a week-long boot camp in London at the ODI’s HQ in Feb 2018
- This suite of services is valued at over USD$20,000
We’re looking for startups or social enterprises who...
...use data as a central part of their proposition
...are based in ASEAN
... have at least a basic prototype
...can commit to having at least 1 team member attend all 3 bootcamps (you don't need to relocate to Kuala Lumpur for the programme, but we expect you to be at ADAX for the bootcamps)
We are particularly interested in startups that are using or publishing open data, partnering (or wanting to partner) with larger organisations, and developing solutions for agriculture, future cities, the internet of things, media, telecommunication and financial services.
We don’t take equity as part of the programme.
We can’t wait to welcome you in Kuala Lumpur!
- Takes up to 0.0% equity
- Accepts 25 companies
Agriculture, Biotechnology, Business Services, Clean Technology, Construction