About this Program
One of the biggest challenges facing entrepreneurs is money. Accessing growth capital, securing investments, and generating revenue are issues that plague startup and growth-stage businesses alike.
The OKGN Angel Summit is a 10 week program designed to expose both entrepreneurs and accredited investors to the world of angel investing. This is done through a guided, hands-on process where a small venture capital fund is raised, deals are screened, and an actual investment in a startup is made. Participating companies will learn the capital raising process and build investor relationships with 30 active investors.
The culmination is a public event on Thursday, March 12, 2020 where 6 finalists showcase their business to an audience of community members, and the winner is awarded an investment of up to $200K from the fund. That’s right, $200K.
The cost to participate in the OKGN Angel Summit as a company is $199. This includes the opportunity to review your pitch deck with an angel investor, one ticket to the finale, and the opportunity to connect with 30 active angel investors. Quarter finalists have the opportunity to access investment readiness training. The 6 finalist get additional access to a company deep dive (over $1000 in value) alongside storytelling and exposure.
OKGN Angel Summit uses Gust to securely and privately collect your company information, business plan, and due diligence information. Entrepreneurs who are seeking growth capital and meet the criteria below can apply by completing the application form. The deadline to apply is December 1st, 2019.
- Early stage companies seeking investment of $100k – $1M
- Eligible companies should be within a half-day drive of Kelowna
- Must be able to attend and participate in pitch sessions and the finale on March 12, 2020
- Ability and willingness to accept and use an investment up to $200k
- Prototype (MVP) working towards product/market fit
- Passionate and capable founding team
- Identified early adopters in a large addressable market
- A plan to scale with potential for a 10x return in 5 years
- Deck and information must be uploaded to Gust
View the OKGN Angel Summit schedule at www.okgnangelsummit.com.
Aerospace, Agriculture, Biotechnology, Clean Technology, Computers and Peripherals