About this Program
Preview the application here: https://bit.ly/2Zovnbg
We focus on AFFORDABILITY (Housing + Transit) & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT Innovations.
The Austin Impact Accelerator is a free acceleration program based in Austin, TX that develops and brings to market a cohort of solutions focused primarily and purposefully on affordability and workforce development.
Impact Hub Austin is interested in supporting innovative solutions to our communities toughest issues. We understand that the public, non-profit and private sector play by different rules, have different funding strategies, unique market variables and more. This Accelerator is uniquely developed with these unique components in mind as we look to support solutions that can have the biggest impact regardless of the sector.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF*....
- Motivation to change Austin’s affordability problem
- Identified a good problem-solution fit: your solution can have a meaningful impact on the problem
- The skills and background necessary to be able to deliver your solution
- The ability to measure your impact and track progress against it
- Are based in Austin, TX and want to learn from, contribute to and build with a cohort of peers
- Consistent encouragement, inspiration and practical tools
- Dedicated time, mentoring and tailored support as you test and build your impact and business models
- Specialist advice from other successful ventures and relevant experts
- Better understanding on available funding sources and landscape
- Help recruiting, building and engaging your board and advisers
- Powerful connections, including to customers, beneficiaries, potential partners, funders, and other talented peers like you
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Workshops with entrepreneurs, subject matter and industry experts offering experience and best practices in customer research, funding strategy, community and business development, public-private partnerships, working with the City, sales, legal, strategy, public relations and investment.
- 7 month coworking membership at Impact Hub Austin with access to both locations
- Curriculum that is founder centered and resident focused. We are impact-oriented and process driven.
- Connections and access to local startup experts and entrepreneurs as well as local government and community leaders
- Media and press elevating the profile of your solution
- Professional pitch coaching
- Robust mentor network including local leaders in the public, private and non-profit sectors
- Introductions to corporations, investors, and partners through cohort specific and community wide events
- Cohort dedicated to your wellness and mental health
- An international network through Impact Hub Austin - the largest international incubation and coworking network in the world.
- Applications open Wednesday, April 1
- Applications close May 20
- Notification of selection sent June 5
- Cohort starts June 12
ICON 3D - www.iconbuild.com
Austin Housing Conservancy - www.austinhousingconservancy.com
Austin Coding Academy - https://austincodingacademy.com/
PelotonU - https://pelotonu.org/
Almost Home Financial - www.almosthomefinancial.com/
The Tiny Heights - http://tinyheights.com/
Central Texas Allied Health Institute
- Funds up to $15k per team
- Takes up to 0.0% equity
- Accepts 12 companies
Business Services, Construction, Consumer Products, Consumer Services, Education