About this Program
Startup Investor Accelerator, based in Europe & USA, is a program of Mossy Ventures, focusing on growing more Startup Investors and more investable Startups.
Our Investment Focus
The ideal investment is a team that is near first revenue, and has built a team that is engaging with the market in some way enough to identify some level of traction. It is possible to be pre-revenue, but some measure of traction in the market should be visible. This is likely the first time that the company is going for outside funding. The company has some path to growth company. It is open to companies from North America and Greater Europe.
This program is sector agnostic. We will look at software, hardware, Agtech, health tech... any kind of company that can see a path to meaningful growth. This program is virtual and will look for companies that can achieve a meaningful milestone with the funding.
Startup Investor Accelerator gathers 20-40 investors to create a fund of $200K to invest in very early startups.
We look for Concept stage, Launch stage, and Pre-seed stage companies to invest in on a set date (Dec 7).
The program flow
- 1-minute pitch (60 startups)
- 3-minute pitch (24 startups)
- 10-minute pitch (12 startups)
- Investor and startup coffee meetings
- Due diligence on 6 startups
- Final public event where we announce the winner(s)
- Transfer of funds
The program starts in September (first pitch to investors) and ends in December (receiving the investment). On the last day of the program (Dec 7), there is a public presentation and an official announcement of the winner.
In this 3 months process, the startup and investors meet regularly, get to know each other, and have a thorough check and feedback session by the Angel Investor team. The process includes 3 pitch days (1-minute, 3-minute, and 10-minute) and due diligence + final meeting. After every pitch day, the investors select the startups that pass to the next stage.
The assumption is that all companies that apply to this are prepared to participate in the workshops, due diligence, and having the business presented as a part of the conference event.
For some resources please check our website - taac.startupinvestoraccelerator.com
We accept only 60 applications.
Every startup that applies is directly accepted and invented in the first session.
We would like only startups that are seriously looking for investment to apply - hence the symbolic application fee.
Here is what to expect:
- All applications will be reviewed by the group of angel investors
- All applicant startups are automatically accepted (we will close applications after 60 applicants)
- All startups will be invited to a 1-minute pitch to investors, including 2 hours to connect.
- After this, a selection of 24 startups pass to the next stage, where they will have 6 hours of time with investors - and do a 3-minute pitch + Q&A + coffee meetings with the investors.
- From here, the semifinalists of 12 startups will be selected for additional investor time with a 10-minute pitch + Q&A, and more mingling.
- 6 finalist startups are then selected to work with a Due Diligence team for 4 weeks be evaluated for investment, receive guidance to strengthen their pitch, and receive media callouts.
- Finalists present in a public event attended by regional investors.
- The winner will receive a group investment of up to $150,000.
- All startups receive investor feedback and should grow as a startup.
- To encourage serious participation from the startups, the program has a $100 symbolic application fee. We take no carry.
- 1st pitching night is September 28, Thursday, 6pm CET
- Scotland, UK
- Kosova, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Norway, ME, USA
- United States
- Capital Seeking
- $50,000 - $1,500,000
- $500,000 - $10,000,000