About this Program
Loan fund is a venture debt fund that lends money to Tech and Manufacturing firms in designated CDBG areas in Salt Lake County.
Our Investment Focus
Applicant businesses must be located within designated areas of Salt Lake County including: Unincorporated Salt Lake Lake County, Metro Townships, Town of Alta, Bluffdale, Cottonwood Heights, Draper, Herriman, Holladay, Midvale, Millcreek City, Riverton, and South Salt Lake.
Candidates will have sales revenue, but have been unable to qualify for traditional bank lending. Loans will be between $25,000 to $400,000 depending on availability. The term of the loans will be from 3, 4 or 5 years.
Eligible businesses should be located in the
Please submit your pitch deck using the following format:
- Overall problem in the market – what problem is the company solving?
- Company’s solution to the problem – How do the company’s products/services solve the problem?
- Size of market – How large is the addressable market?
- Competition – Who are market’s current competitors
- Differentiation – Why is the company’s product/service better than competitor’s?
- Management team – Description of the mgmt. team and backgrounds
- Historical financials (if applicable or current – Milestones achieved and how much money did it take to achieve those milestones?
- Projected financial statements including projected cash flows – when is the company cash flow positive? Why will the company revenue grow at projected pace?
- Use of Proceeds including how many jobs it will created (minimum of 1 job every $35K of funds loaned) and when will the company train those hires for particular jobs.
- Business Services
- Computers and Peripherals
- Consumer Products
- Consumer Services
- Electronics / Instrumentation
- Internet / Web Services
- IT Services
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Networking and Equipment
- Salt Lake County, UT, USA
- Midvale, UT, USA
- Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA
- Draper, UT, USA
- West Valley City, UT, USA
- Sandy, Utah, USA
- Holladay, UT, USA
- Bluffdale, UT, USA
- South Salt Lake, UT, USA
- Magna, UT, USA
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA