About this Program
We help women grow personal wealth by investing in early-stage women-owned/led companies, supporting women entrepreneurs & educating women in this asset class.
Our Investment Focus
The Next Act Fund accepts applications from women-led companies. These companies must have at least one woman in an operating role at the C-suite level. Frequently, companies have a female founder or CEO. We also consider companies with women in other C-level positions with at least 50% equity ownership. Next Act Fund puts an emphasis on whether the female executives have power and influence in the company.
Next Act Fund works with companies that have the potential to build sustainable and successful businesses. We’re looking for companies with a solid proof of concept that we can help to maximize potential with support from our investors.
We look for these basic requirements:
- Located in the United States.
- An experienced and talented management team with a track record of successful performance and leadership and a passionate commitment to the company’s vision.
- A scalable business model with solid prospects for rapid growth.
- A large, addressable market with sufficient untapped potential.
Almost all companies in which we invest also meet these criteria:
- Product is in production, or in beta stage of development, and has been created with input from clients or potential clients.
- Company has some "proof of concept" revenue and a clear path to cash flow breakeven.
- Proprietary assets, intellectual property, or processes that distinguish it from competitors.
- Limited capital expenditure requirements.
- Clearly defined exit strategy within 4-6 years that provides a minimum of 10X return.
- Typically seeking first-round of funding of $200,000 - $2MM.
- Pre-money valuation of less than $5MM.
- United States