About this Program
Mid-America Angels/Women's Capital Connection is a regional network of investors focused on funding the most promising early stage companies in the Midwest.
Our Investment Focus
Investment Criteria: MAA/WCC uses the following criteria in selecting companies to present their investment opportunities to its members:
- Early stage companies that offer exceptional opportunities for high returns on investment.
- A compelling, well-articulated strategy for capturing and defending a significant market share.
- Prefer applicants with version 1.0 of product/service that have some paying customers.
- A business opportunity with the potential for rapid, scalable growth within a reasonable time frame. (Revenues of $20M+ within 5-7 years)
- Proprietary technology, early market lead, or other strong barriers to entry.
- A strong management team to execute the business plan - with relevant and successful experience. A team with a desire for mentoring and coaching.
- A credible exit strategy for investors.
- Midwest location preferred. A company outside the region must have a lead investor in their geography.
- A reasonable valuation that fits within the risk/reward expectations of our members.
- Women's Capital Connection requires a female CEO or a female in a C-level position within the management team who has equity and is involved in day-to-day operations of the company.
- Clean Technology
- Consumer Products
- Electronics / Instrumentation
- Internet / Web Services
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Networking and Equipment