Our Investment Focus
Michigan Accelerator Fund I (MAF-1) is an investment partnership headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The purpose of this venture capital fund is to drive forward the new economy of Michigan, providing a path to funding and partnerships for the commercialization of new regionally developed opportunities.
Michigan Accelerator Fund I will invest in early stage companies that fall into one of the following four categories:
(1) life sciences technology
(2) advanced automotive, manufacturing and materials technology
(3) homeland security and defense technology
(4) alternative energy technology
Companies must be based in Michigan. The Fund will focus on seed and early stage venture capital investments in life science and technology companies.
Companies strongly displaying the following characteristics will be given preference in consideration for further review and evaluation.
* Strong intellectual property
* Large market opportunity
* Strong management team
* Clear path to profits
* Scalable business model
* $1 million to $2 million investment requirement
* Measurable milestones
- Clean Technology
- Electronics / Instrumentation
- Healthcare Services
- IT Services
- Medical Devices and Equipment