About this Program
The University of Oregon Foundation Seed Fund is dedicated to making good investments, spurring company development, and offering educational opportunities.
Our Investment Focus
The Fund is managed by professional staff from the Lundquist College of Business, includes student analysts, and is overseen by a board of advisors with expertise in early stage investing.
For consideration by the UOFSF, companies must meet these criteria:
- Have a tangible tie to the University of Oregon (alumni, students, staff, or faculty) and/or Oregon RAIN. Oregon RAIN is the Regional Accelerator and Innovation Network with facilities in both Corvallis and Eugene.
- Seeking $20k to $1M investment capital for a first round of outside funding.
- Open to syndication of the investment round (attracting multiple investors)
- Able to communicate a clear problem and solution in a market with growth opportunity.
- Have a clearly defined business model with foreseeable opportunity for investor liquidity.
UOFSF is open to investment in any industry and geography that meets these criteria.
There is no application fee for the UOFSF.
Investments from the Fund are assessed a $1,000 flat fee + 6% of the amount invested to support fund operations, taken from the proceeds of the investment. Example: a $50,000 investment will have fees of $4,000 ($1,000 + $3,000) – Net investment to the company $46,000.