About this Program
Apply here to be considered for our Deal Forum, WeROC, and Investors Choice Capital Conference. More info about us & our programs at www.venturecapital.org
Our Investment Focus
VentureCapital.org, powered by the Wayne Brown Institute, is the oldest and one of the most successful venture accelerators in the United States. After 33 years Alumni companies have posted impressive results, over $14 billion in financial transactions, and a 70% success rate at obtaining funding.
We will evaluate any at high growth/scalable startups outside of real estate speculation, oil/gas/mining exploration, or multilevel marketing companies. We look for startups that are coachable, have prior team (including Board/Advisory Board) experience, compete in a major market, and have a clear competitive advantage. Applicants who apply here will be considered for the programs outlined below. More information about our programs can be found at venturecapital.org/programs.
- Cooperative Venturing Program: The VentureCapital.Org mentor program is the core engine behind our The Deal Forum®, WeROC® (Women Entrepreneurs Realizing Opportunities for Capital), and Investors Choice® pitch events. Startups that are selected to participate are assigned a 5-8 person mentor team that consists of entrepreneurs, investors, and service providers. Teams meet 1-1.5 hours over a 4-10 weeks period to advise the entrepreneurs on 1) how to effectively deliver their investor presentation, and 2) developing strategies to commercialize and scale.
- The Deal Forum® Program is a pitch event designed for companies in the seed to series A stage and features 4-5 startups. Startups are mentored for 4-6 weeks leading up to The Deal Forum®. Each company is provided 10 minutes to present to a panel of angel and venture investors provided by 20 minutes of Q&A. It is followed by a networking session with light food and drinks.
- The WeROC® Conference Program highlights issues women-founded and led companies face, such as access to capital and how to overcome those roadblocks. It includes several keynote speakers and panelists that have recent experience working through these issues including founders, investors, and service providers. The program includes a Deal Forum® pitch event where 6-8 women-led startups present to a panel of angel and venture investors. Each will have 10 minutes to present and 20 minutes for Q&A. Companies range from seed to series B stage and receive 4-8 weeks of mentoring. The program ends with a networking session.
- The Investors Choice Conference® features up to 30 companies seeking capital; most companies are in the late-seed to series B stage. Companies are mentored 6-12 weeks in all; they have the opportunities to present to a panel of angel and venture investors 3-4 weeks ahead of the conference where they will receive critical feedback. Companies present at the conference in 2 tracks followed by a lunch. Lunch includes a keynote that will raise awareness of regional factors that will impact future startup and investment activity. It also includes updates on VentureCapital.Org and its program. We feature 2 educational panels as well as a number of networking events as part of the conference.
- Boise Startup Week (BSW): BSW is Idaho’s largest community-driven, entrepreneur-focused event. Each year, thousands of people come together to learn, support, and celebrate Idaho’s growing entrepreneurial ecosystem. There are several events as part of the week, learn more at http://boisestartupweek.org. Applications to present are due at the end of August each year.
- Business Products
- Business Services
- Chemicals and Chemical Products
- Clean Technology
- Computers and Peripherals
- Consumer Products
- Consumer Services
- Digital Marketing
- Electronics / Instrumentation
- Financial Services
- Healthcare Services
- Internet / Web Services
- IT Services
- Media and Entertainment
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Networking and Equipment
- Retailing / Distribution
- United States