Our Investment Focus
Hong Kong technology startups are facing the problem in obtaining investment funding between seed and venture capital funding stages. This has been a result of the lack of organized business angel networks and funding to provide the “smart money”.
With this understanding, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTPC), HKVCA, CUHK, HKUST, HKU, and POLYU had worked informally to form the Hong Kong Business Angel Network (HKBAN) in 2010. Angels were being invited to join several Investment Matching Gatherings (IMGs) where entrepreneurs from the incubation programme of HKSTPC and universities had presented their business plans.
After more than a year’s informal operation, the Hong Kong Business Angel Network Limited has officially registered as a non-profit organization with the mission to foster angel investment in Hong Kong.
– developing angel investing in Hong Kong into a professional and structured activity
– enhancing the development of young ventures, particularly those in the technology sector, for Hong Kong and other parts of Asia
– linking angel investors and young ventures in an investment-matching platform
- Business Products
- Clean Technology
- Computers and Peripherals
- Consumer Products
- Electronics / Instrumentation
- Financial Services
- Food and Beverage
- Healthcare Services
- Internet / Web Services
- IT Services
- Marketing / Advertising
- Media and Entertainment
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Networking and Equipment
- Retailing / Distribution