About this Program
We invest in extraordinary entrepreneurs with new, unique and/or disruptive solutions at the intersection of journalism, technology, data and community.
Our Investment Focus
Much more than just a funding application. It’s an introduction.
Fourth Estate Angel Investors provides seed and early stage venture funding for news and journalism innovation. We are not a fund, our members colloborate on deals and due dilligence, but our members make individual investment decisions.
We strongly prefer companies with new and/or disruptive solutions at the intersection of journalism, technology and community.
The Fourth Estate Fund prefers to serve as the lead investor but is also willing to form part of a syndicated deal led by other experienced angel groups and investors.
The Fourth Estate Fund typically invests between $5000 to $100,000 with the following characteristics:
- Opportunity for the Fourth Estate Fund to add significant value
- Operates in a large, disruptive and rapidly-growing or transforming market in the Journalism, News, Media or Information sectors
- Differentiated product or technology-enabled service that addresses a clear market need with a expanding market opportunity
- Capital-efficient business model with a clear path to significant revenue with multiple customers
- Realistic pre and post money valuations
- Strong and experienced founders and management team
- Founders have their own cash invested (aka skin in the game) or have completed a meaningful "Friends & Family" round
Please note we charge a nominal one time fee to submit a funding application.
- Business Products
- Business Services
- Chemicals and Chemical Products
- Clean Technology
- Computers and Peripherals
- Consumer Products
- Consumer Services
- Digital Marketing
- Electronics / Instrumentation
- Financial Services
- Food and Beverage
- Healthcare Services
- Internet / Web Services
- IT Services
- Marketing / Advertising
- Media and Entertainment
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Networking and Equipment
- Oil and Gas
- Real Estate
- Retailing / Distribution