Our Investment Focus
Enhanced Capital Connecticut provides equity and debt financing to small businesses that exhibit excellent growth prospects in Connecticut. We are actively seeking new investment opportunities across industries that broadly include Manufacturing, Information Technology, Healthcare, Business Services and Green Technology.
Eligible businesses must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Business must have its principal business operations in Connecticut and satisfy one of the following:
o At least eighty percent of the business organization’s employees must reside in Connecticut, or
o At least eighty percent of the business payroll is paid to individuals living in Connecticut.
• Business must have fewer than two hundred and fifty employees.
• Business must have less than ten million dollars in net income in the previous year.
Investment Profile includes:
• Equity investments in the $500,000 to $2,000,000 range
• Debt investments in the $500,000 to $3,000,000 range
• Pre-Seed investments up to $150,000 in businesses with less than $2,000,000 in revenues.
General Evaluation Criteria for potential financing:
• Business Viability: Elements include financial stability, high degree of potential to achieve overall projected results and favorable industry growth prospects.
• Dedicated and Competent Management: Extensive management experience in the industry.
• Market Potential: High degree of potential to achieve forecasted sales volumes due to identifiable competitive advantages, dominant market position, proprietary product or service, technological superiority, history of product quality and service, or other similar market advantages.
• Rate of Return: High probability of achieving our desired rate of return through a combination of current income and/or capital appreciation.
• Location: Companies should be located or willing to relocate to Connecticut
- Business Products
- Clean Technology
- Computers and Peripherals
- Consumer Products
- Electronics / Instrumentation
- Financial Services
- Healthcare Services
- Internet / Web Services
- IT Services
- Media and Entertainment
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Networking and Equipment