About this Program
Cascade Seed Fund is a year-round fund for early-stage companies seeking investment.
Our Investment Focus
Funding at 3623’: Elevate Entrepreneurship
Cascade Seed Fund is a regional early-stage investment fund that brings individual and institutional investors together to back great entrepreneurs and strengthen the regional economy.
Cascade Seed Fund is based in Bend, Oregon with an Oregon-first investment focus with an interest in opportunities throughout the Pacific Northwest. Over the last five years, Cascade Fund has completed 37 company investments totaling almost $7M. Investment in each fund is by invitation only and is limited to accredited investors.
Typical investments are planned to be made in launch stage technology and consumer products companies. Initial investments are anticipated to average approximately $250,000. Funded companies can be from anywhere in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. We are looking forward to your application!
WHAT WE REQUEST FROM YOU
- You have revenue or strong early traction with a clear growth path. We do not invest in pre-revenue companies.
- You are working full-time on your company
- Your business is a legal corporation (C-Corp or plans to convert to one near-term)
- You are a technology or consumer products business (emphasis on direct-to-consumer, not a food or beverage product).
- You are prepared to show how our investment can provide a significant return within 5-8 years
- You are interested in and prepared for an equity investment in your business (we will also invest via a convertible note).
- You are an Oregon or Pacific Northwest-based business. We have a preference for Oregon, but will evaluate strong investment opportunities in Washington, Montana, Idaho, and Utah as well.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US – Cascade Seed Fund goals are:
- An efficient process - your time is valuable and you need to be working on your business! Average time from presentation to final decision is approximately 60 days.
- To provide a clear understanding of status, open items, and next steps - we invest $250,000 in 5-8 companies per year
- Clear communication - not every company is a fit. We’ll do our best to provide direct and actionable feedback.
- Great people - we are serious about what we do, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We seek the same in entrepreneurs.
- Help when you need it - our investors have broad knowledge and experience in all aspects of starting, growing, and scaling businesses and they are available to you as a Cascade Seed Fund portfolio company
The application/due diligence process is designed to be simple and to occur throughout the year. The online application process is designed to capture pertinent details about the business. A detailed pitch deck is required and applicants can post any additional documents at any time during the due diligence process including anything that would assist Cascade Seed Fund’s review process, such as financial forecasts and plans, executive summary, detailed team bios, term sheets, updates, customer information, letters, etc.
If you have questions about how your company fits with the Cascade Seed Fund’s portfolio strategy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow announcements and trends on Twitter @CascadeFund.
For general Gust questions or support requests, you can log in to the support center.
- Washington, USA
- Utah, USA
- Idaho, USA
- Montana, USA
- Oregon, US