About this Program
Cascade Angels Fund, LLC is a year-round fund for launch stage companies seeking investment. Cascade Angels will begin accepting applications again in Q1 2018.
Our Investment Focus
Funding at 3623’: Elevate Oregon Entrepreneurship
Cascade Angels Fund V, LLC (Cascade Angels) is based in Central Oregon with a primary investment focus in Oregon. Our mission is to create opportunities for investors and businesses in and with connections to Central Oregon to drive economic growth and fuel prosperity. We are committed to building Oregon's entrepreneurial ecosystem. Over the last four years, Cascade Angels Fund has invested almost $3M in 17 companies.
Typical investments are planned to be made in launch stage companies from any industry. Investments are anticipated to average from approximately $100,000 to $250,000. Investment in each fund is by invitation only and is limited to accredited investors. Funded companies can be from anywhere in Oregon. We are looking forward to your application!
WHAT WE REQUEST FROM YOU
- You are working full-time on your company
- Your business is a legal corporation (C-Corp preferred)
- You are a technology or technology-enabled consumer goods/products or medical/biotech business
- You have revenue or strong early traction with a clear growth path
- You are focused on a market opportunity where there is a realistic expectation of an exponential financial return to our investors (4-5X as a starting point)
- You are interested in and prepared for an equity investment in your business (we will also invest via a convertible note)
- You are an Oregon-based business. We have a preference for Oregon, but will evaluate strong investment opportunities in Washington, California, Idaho, and Utah as well.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US – Cascade Angels’ goals are:
- An efficient process - your time is valuable and you need to be working on your business! Average time from pitch to decision is 60 days or less.
- To provide a clear understanding of status, open items, and next steps - we invest $100,000 - $250,000 in 4-7 companies per year
- Clear communication - not every company is a fit. We’ll do our best to provide direct and actionable feedback.
- Great people - we are serious about what we do, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We seek the same in entrepreneurs.
- Help when you need it - our investors have broad knowledge and experience in all aspects of starting, growing, and scaling businesses and they are available to you as a Cascade Angels portfolio company
The application and due diligence processes are designed to be simple and to occur throughout the year. The online application process is designed to capture pertinent details about the business. A business plan or detailed pitch deck and a 3-minute video pitch is required and applicants can post any additional documents at any time during the due diligence process including anything that would assist Cascade Angels’ review process, such as financial forecasts and plans, executive summary, detailed team bios, term sheets, updates, customer information, letters, etc.
Cascade Angels Fund V, LLC began accepting applications in first quarter 2018. If you have questions about how your company fits with the Cascade Angels vision, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow announcements and trends on Twitter @CascadeAngels or @julieharrelson.
Thank You to Cascade Angels Fund V, LLC Key Sponsors
Jones & Roth
Karnopp Petersen LLP
- Oregon, US