Default company panoramic image
Logo

The Movement Centre

A FAITH-BASED SUPPORT NETWORK FOR COLLEGIATES STRIVING TO INCREASE GRADUATION RATES, REDUCE INCURRED DEBT, AND SUPPLY DAILY NECESSITIES.

  • Stage Full Product Ready
  • Industry Other
  • Location Charlotte, NC, USA
  • Currency USD
  • Founded July 2012
  • Website itsamovement.org

Company Summary

Only 27% of black college students in North Carolina graduate in 4 years. 39% complete in 6 years. The cost to finish is over $144,000. Many forego meal plans just to afford room and board. The other 61% still incur an amount of debt for their tenure, yet will have no degree to justify it. The Movement provides a network of resources and mentorship to students on Charlotte campuses. The future of our economy demands these statistics change.

Team

  • Default avatar
    Lathan E Wood, MBA
    Founder

    Lathan Wood is the founder of the Charlotte based Movement Centre.
    He has received an Associate’s Degree in Music, a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, & a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. He also works closely with several non-profit organizations in reference to youth-focused programs.
    He has been afforded the opportunity to travel across the country as a speaker, community leader, musician, songwriter, and educator.