We typically invest in early-stage companies. This usually means the company has not raised capital from an institutional investor. Furthermore, the company is often raising money to minimize product and market development risks in advance of raising a more significant round of venture capital. Preferably the candidate company is already producing revenue or is forecasting revenues within two quarters. Ideally the company should be able to provide customer references that can be contacted by New World Angels.
Our criteria are not cast in stone, but the likelihood of a company receiving funding is greatly enhanced if it meets the following criteria:
1. Management. Experienced management must have a sound track record, or the clear understanding that the founding team accepts a transitory role. Management must demonstrate the ability to lead the organization, execute the business plan rapidly, manage cash effectively, attract additional financial and human capital, and adjust course when necessary. Founders of an early stage enterprise must be willing to accept hands-on involvement and support from the investors and the recruitment of more seasoned professional management if and when appropriate.
2. Business Plan. The business plan must effectively address all key aspects of the business, including management, technology, customer acquisition, and competitive challenges. Financial forecasts must be realistic with appropriate support for all key assumptions.
3. Compatible Co-Investors. Management, current shareholders, and potential co-investors must have experience in businesses of this type and stage. There must be compatibility among these parties and the shared commitment to work together to make the company a success.
4. Compelling Product, Technology, Service or Market Position. There must be a fundamentally exciting or disruptive technology, a unique service or approach to an attractive market, or other distinguishing characteristics.
5. Sustainable Differentiation. There must be a credible source of competitive advantage in the form of strong and defendable patents, proprietary processes, first-mover position, key customers under contract, or world-class technical talent.
6. Market Size and Growth Trajectory. The available market must be large and/or growing rapidly, typically in excess of several hundred million dollars or credibly expected to reach that size during the investment term.
7. Investment Structure and Terms. The investment structure and terms must afford us sufficient protection, influence and potential upside to justify our commitment of capital and time, and facilitate future capital-raising.
8. Exit Strategy. Management, current shareholders, and board must have realistic valuation expectations and compatible views on potential exit strategy.
New World Angels Invests In These Industries
• Business Products and Services
• Marketing / Advertising
• Clean Technology
• Media and Entertainment
• Computers and Peripherals
• Medical Devices and Equipment
• Consumer Products and Services
• Electronics / Instrumentation
• Networking and Equipment
• Financial Services
• Food / Drink
• Retailing / Distribution
• Healthcare Services
• Internet / Web Services
• IT Services
New World Angels Invests In Companies That Have Reached The Following Milestones
Prototype Ready - $3M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue
Concept OnlyProduct In DevelopmentPrototype ReadyFull Product Ready$500K in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$1M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$3M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$5M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$10M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$20M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$50M in Trailing 12 Mo. RevenueMore than $50M in Trailing 12 Mo. RevenueMore than $50M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue ►◄ Concept Only
New World Angels Invests In Companies With These Funding Needs
Pre-money Valuation: USD500,000 - USD3,000,000
Capital Seeking: USD100,000 - USD1,000,000
Previously Raised: USD50,000 - USD1,000,000
New World Angels Expects Their Investments To Generate
Expected Revenue By Year 5: USD10,000,000 - USD50,000,000
Expected Returns: 10x Investment - 30x Investment
Expected Years to Exit: 2 Years - 7 Years
Expected Years to Break Even: 1 Year - 3 Years
New World Angels Investment Portfolio
Ask to Join as an Investor
Are you an accredited investor? Ask to join New World Angels by filling out their Membership Application.