Investors' Circle seeks early or expansion-stage companies whose businesses address significant social or environmental issues.
Typically these companies are focused in the following sectors:
- Clean Energy & Clean Technology - Community Development - Education - Global Economic Development - Global Health Delivery - Health Technology - Medical Devices - Software, Applications, Ecommerce, Websites, etc., that Address Social and/or Environmental Challenges - Sustainable Agriculture - Sustainable Apparel - Sustainable Consumer Products - Sustainable Foods & Beverages - Sustainable Infrastructure & Materials - Water Technology - Wellness
Deal Stage We consider private companies in many different deal stages including early, expansion and growth. We do not consider individuals or technologies, only fully-formed companies. Companies that do not expect to generate revenues of at least $5 million within the next 5 years will not be accepted.
Financing Needs We do not accept companies with capital needs greater than $5 million as that amount is beyond the capacity of our angel network. Companies with capital needs between $300 thousand and $3 million tend to gain the greatest interest from our investors.
Scalability Investors’ Circle members are interested in maximizing social and environmental impact as well as financial return. For this reason, companies that have a potential for national or international growth tend to find more interest within our network than companies that do not have such potential. For example, we will consider a submission from a company that sells organic coffee to retailers across the country but not from a company that is launching a single, local, organic coffee shop.
* We do not accept companies that are religion-based. * We do not accept applications from purely non-profit organizations. We will accept for-profit subsidiaries or partners of non-profits. * Investors’ Circle does consider non-US companies, but these companies should be aware that our members are primarily interested in US-based firms due to the complications of investing in foreign companies. The most likely way that a foreign enterprise would find interest among Investors’ Circle is as a US-based firm with operations overseas. Fees for our services must be paid in US dollars.
Key Characteristics Companies that are most likely to find interest within our membership will have a combination of the following characteristics:
* A strong management team * A clear understanding of their market(s) * Legally defensible technology * Third party product or business model verification * Clear commitment to a social and/or environmental mission
Investors' Circle Invests In These Industries
• Healthcare Services
• Clean Technology
• Consumer Products and Services
• Media and Entertainment
• Medical Devices and Equipment
• Financial Services
• Retailing / Distribution
• Food / Drink
Investors' Circle Invests In Companies That Have Reached The Following Milestones
Product In Development - $5M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue
Concept OnlyProduct In DevelopmentPrototype ReadyFull Product Ready$500K in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$1M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$3M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$5M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$10M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$20M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue$50M in Trailing 12 Mo. RevenueMore than $50M in Trailing 12 Mo. RevenueMore than $50M in Trailing 12 Mo. Revenue ►◄ Concept Only
Investors' Circle Invests In Companies With These Funding Needs
Pre-money Valuation: - Not Entered
Capital Seeking: USD50,000 - USD3,000,000
Previously Raised: USD0 - USD3,000,000
Investors' Circle Expects Their Investments To Generate
Investors' Circle Investment Portfolio
Member log ins in last 30 days: 346
Active members: 293
New members last 12 months: 42
Average views per deal: 15
Ask to Join as an Investor
Are you an accredited investor? Ask to join Investors' Circle by filling out their Membership Application.